Perfect Wild Rice
Lunch on Thursday
Dinner on Friday
Dinner on Saturday
Ingredients for 4
1 1/3 cup
Wild rice, dry
5 1/3 cup
Chicken broth (stock), low sodium
(or beef; homemade is best; organic is next best)
Sea salt, fine
(depending on how salty your stock is, you might need to add less or more)
1 1/3 leaf
- Place Wild Rice in a mesh strainer. Thoroughly rinse in cold water for 60 seconds, mixing rice with fingers to ensure each grain gets rinsed.
- Combine the Wild Rice with 4 cups of beef or chicken stock, salt and bay leaf in a medium-large saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Give the rice a good stir, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30-50 minutes.
- Wild rice bursts open when it’s cooked, so you can tell at a glance when it’s done. Taste a few morsels and keep cooking a few minutes longer if it’s not tender enough for your taste.
- Drain excess liquid if applicable, fluff with a fork and serve.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat
Meal Garden, 326 1/2 Bloor Street West, Unit 4, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1W5, Canada