1. Place banana into a large mixing bowl. Mash with a fork. Add in egg and milk. Whisk together.
2. Add almond meal, buckwheat flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Stir mixture until you form a thick, but smooth batter. You can add a dash of milk here if you find the mixture too much like a paste.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium heat. Grease the pan with a little butter or coconut oil and dollop in ¼ cup of mixture per pancake. The mixture will spread out on its own. Cook for 2–3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook the other side for one minute.
4. Place pancakes onto an ovenproof dish and place into an oven on 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1 to stay warm while you cook the remaining pancakes. This mixture will make 12 small pancakes or 8 larger ones.
5. Once you’ve cooked all the pancakes, again grease the frying pan with a little butter. Add in banana and fry on both sides until golden.
6. Serve pancakes topped with the fried bananas, pecans, chia seeds and a sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzle of tahini.