|5 min||10 min||15 min||1|
|1/10 cup||Popcorn, unpopped kernels (non-GMO)|
|1/3 tbsp||Olive oil (for popping the kernels)|
|1/10 cup||Olive oil|
|2/3 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1/3 tsp||Onion powder|
|1/3 tsp||Spirulina powder|
|1 tbsp||Nutritional yeast|
|1/8 tsp||Coarse salt (flaky sea salt)|
|0.04 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large metal pasta pot (or similar) over medium-high heat.
2. Add two corn kernels, cover with the lid leaving it slightly ajar, and cook until the kernels pop.
3. Add the ¼ cup of corn and cook with the lid slightly ajar, shaking the pot every 30 seconds or so, until almost all of the corn has popped (you’ll know because there will suddenly be much longer breaks between popping sounds). Cover with the lid and turn off the heat while you prepare the seasoning.
4. Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, spirulina, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and cayenne in a large bowl and mix together with a rubber spatula.
5. Add the popped corn and toss with the spatula (or your hands) to evenly distribute the seasoning.