|15 min||45 min||1 h||6|
|1 tbsp||All-purpose white flour|
|1 medium||Carrots (diced)|
|2 medium head||Cauliflower (cut into florets)|
|1 medium stalk(s)||Celery (diced)|
|1 1/2 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (divided)|
|1/2 cup||Frozen green peas (thawed, or fresh)|
|1/4 cup||Greek yogurt, plain, fat-free|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/4 cup||Red wine|
|1 tsp||Rosemary, fresh|
|1/8 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|2 tsp||Thyme, fresh (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut up cauliflower into medium pieces. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain cauliflower. Mash cauliflower and astir in minced garlic, olive oil, yogurt and parmesan until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a medium cast iron pan, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the onions, carrots and celery, sauté until translucent. Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through.
4. Add in the tomato paste and allow to cook for 3 minutes, until rich in colour.
5. Add chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, rosemary and peas.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Top meat mixture with roasted cauliflower puree and place in oven for 10 mins. Turn oven to broiler for the last 2-4mins to crisp and brown top layer.
Serve and enjoy!
is high in tryptophan which raises serotonin levels, this is known as the "happy" hormone!