|10 min||10 min||20 min||1|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 tbsp||Rolled oats, dry|
|15 gm||Pistachio nuts (Or other nuts / seeds; chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, and place a rack toward the top of the oven. (Or if you have a toaster oven, use that instead.)
2. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
3. Wash, core, and slice the apple, leaving the skin on for extra fiber. Toss with lemon juice and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix the rolled oats, chopped nuts, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and melted coconut oil. Spread in a thin layer on the prepared baking tray and bake for about 5 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
5. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the apples. Every time the mixture starts to dry, add a tablespoon of water. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until desired doneness.
6. To serve, place the cooked apples in a bowl, and sprinkle with the oat and nut crumble.