|10 min||5 min||24|
|1 cup||Pistachio nuts|
|1 cup||Coconut flakes, unsweetened|
|1 cup||Sliced almonds|
|1/2 cup||Chia seeds, ground|
|1/2 cup||Cacao nibs, raw|
|1/2 cup hulled||Hemp seeds, shelled|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (add if using unsalted pistachios)|
|1 cup||Almond butter|
|1 cup||Honey (or maple syrup)|
|1/2 cup||Coconut sugar|
|3 cup||Dark chocolate chips|
|1 tbsp||Almond butter|
1. Rub a 9x13 inch baking dish with coconut or olive oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat, pistachios, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, chia seeds, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds. Add a pinch of salt if using raw pistachios.
3. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the almond butter, honey, and coconut sugar. Stir often until melted and smooth. Once the mixture starts to bubble, let it cook for 1 minute and immediately remove it from the heat.
4. Working quickly, add the seed/nut mix to the almond butter mixture and stir until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press it down into the pan.
5. Melt the chocolate chips with 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth or melt over low heat in a small pot on the stove.
6. Pour the melted chocolate and almond butter over the bars and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle the top with cacao nibs if desired.
7. Cover and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars, serve, and enjoy!
8. Store for up to 1 week in the fridge or 4 days on the counter in a cool place.