|20 min||45 min||1 h 5 min||6|
|3/4 cup||Cashew nuts, raw (soaked and drained)|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (diced)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|3 medium||Carrots (peeled, chopped)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (chopped)|
|1 1/2 cup||Sweet potato (chopped)|
|2 medium stalk(s)||Celery (chopped)|
|2 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|5 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 tbsp, ground||Basil, dried (for spice blend)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Black pepper (for spice blend)|
|1 tsp||Cayenne pepper (for spice blend)|
|1 tbsp||Garlic powder (for spice blend)|
|1 tbsp||Onion powder (for spice blend)|
|1 tbsp||Oregano, dried (for spice blend)|
|2 tbsp||Paprika (for spice blend)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Sea salt (for spice blend)|
|2 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried (for spice blend)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (drained, rinsed)|
|3 cup||Baby spinach (or kale)|
|1/8 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
1. In a blender, combine the soaked and drained cashews with 1 cup of vegetable broth and blend on the highest speed until smooth. Set aside.
2. Make 10-spice blend by combining basil, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic power, onion powder, oregano, paprika, sea salt, and thyme. You should have 1/2 cup of the mixture. Set aside.
3. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Season with sea salt.
4. Add the carrots, bell pepper, potato, celery, and diced tomatoes with their juices, the remaining 5 cups broth, and 1-2 Tbsp 10-spice blend. Stir well to combine . Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Season with salt and black pepper.
5. Simmer the soup, uncovered, for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and black pepper. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the cashew cream, spinach (or kale), and drained beans. Add more 10-spice mix, to taste.
provide key vitamins and minerals required for vital health and maintenance of the body!