|10 min||10 min||2|
|1 head||Lettuce, romaine|
|20 bean||Green/yellow string beans, raw (1 Handful)|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|1/2 cup shredded||Red cabbage|
|10 tomato||Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)|
|10 medium||Black olives|
|1/4 cup||Red onion (thinly sliced)|
|150 gm||Salmon, sockeye (red), canned, drained (2 fillet,*May be substituted for sardines)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice (for dressing)|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard (for dressing)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (To taste, for dressing)|
1. In medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Add green beans and quickly blanche until tender (approx. 3 minutes).
3. Remove green beans, run under cool water and set aside.
4. In the same pot, add eggs and reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Hard-boil eggs for 5-7 minutes (or longer to reach desired doneness).
6. Once cooked, run eggs under cold water and set aside to cool.
7. Combine all other ingredients into a large salad bowl.
8. Once cooled, peel the eggs, slice into quarters and add to the bowl.
9. For the Dressing:
are an excellent source of protein!
is a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids!