|5 min||20 min||4|
|4 beet(s)||Beets, raw (peeled and sliced thinly)|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|4 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|3 cup||Lettuce, romaine|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Walnuts (chopped)|
1. Boil beets in water until tender.
2. Once cooked through, remove from water, allow to cool, and peel off the skin.
3. Slice the beets into thin slivers. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over beets.
4. For the dressing: Mix olive oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, marjoram, salt and pepper and whisk together.
5. Combine beets, lettuce, walnuts, parsley.
6. Top with feta and pour the dressing over salad.
are high in fiber and contain nitrates and pigments that help to lower blood pressure
and improve athletic performance!