|5 min||25 min||4|
|1 tsp||Olive oil|
|1 large||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, lean|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (or to taste)|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper (or to taste)|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|1 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|2 cup||Sweet yellow corn (or 1 can)|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (BPA-free can)|
|1/2 tbsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|3/4 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese (plus extra for garnish, optional)|
|2 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped for garnish optional)|
|4 tsp||Sour cream, 14% M.F. (optional for garnish)|
1. Heat a non-stick deep skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
2. Add ground turkey and break into pieces. Brown the meat, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in tomato paste and cook for a minute. Add diced tomatoes, sweet corn, blacks beans and hot chili flakes.
4. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add shredded cheese and mix well. Garnish with cilantro and serve. Optional: top with sour cream and additional cheese.
Never eat poultry that is raw, or not cooked through. Internal temperature should be 165F or 74C degrees.
You can double the batch and freeze any leftovers for quick dinners. Ensure to fully warm through the chili when re-heating to an internal temperature of 165F or 74C degrees.
High in protein, vitamins and minerals as well as the amino acid tryptophan that's needed to make serotonin important for mood and energy support.