|10 min||25 min||6|
|1/4 cup||Apple juice|
|3 head||Broccoli, raw (cut into florets)|
|2 cup||Brown rice, long-grain, dry (cooked as instructed on package)|
|1/3 cup unpacked||Brown sugar|
|3 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into pieces)|
|1 dash||Ginger root|
|3/4 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1/3 cup||Soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||Tomato ketchup|
1. Cook brown rice as instructed on package.
2. Steam broccoli until crips green. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
4. Remove chicken from the skillet and add the remaining ingredients (minus broccoli). Reduce heat to medium and mix ingredients until well dissolved.
5. Add chicken back to the skillet and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Serve over brown rice and steamed broccoli.
is an excellent source of lean protein and aids in muscle growth and repair
is a cruciferous vegetable and is very high in fibre