|10 min||30 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||White onion (chopped)|
|1 medium||Russet potato|
|3 1/4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
|4 1/2 cup||Frozen green peas|
|1 tbsp||Mint, fresh|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot on a low/medium heat. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes until it just begins to soften.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes and add them to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer for 12-15 minutes.
4. Add the peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add the fresh mint leaves and then blend the soup thoroughly until it is completely smooth. If the soup is too thick, add some more vegetable stock to thin it out until you have a consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. If you want your soup more minty, simply add more mint leaves!
This recipe is great on it’s own, or add some croutons, a dollop of crème fraiche and some fresh sliced spring onions.
To make AIP friendly omit black pepper and substitute russet potato with sweet potato