|5 min||5 min||10 min||4|
|4 small pita||Pita bread, whole-wheat|
|3 cup||Kale (de-stemmed)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4 tbsp||Tomato puree, canned (as needed)|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (optional)|
|1 cup shredded||Dairy-free cheddar cheese shreds, Daiya (optional)|
1. Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add in garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add in kale, season with salt, and cover with lid. Reduce heat and allow to cook for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile toast pitas, and spread tomato puree on each one.
5. Top each pita with avocado, vegan cheese and cooked kale.
Serve and enjoy!
To make this recipe "GO BOTH WAYS":
Okay, fine, if you MUST add some meat on this...it's pretty simple - so just do it
(otherwise, it's a completely filling meal without too!).