|10 min||1 h 10 min||1 h 20 min||4|
|2 avocado(s)||Avocado (seed and skin removed)|
|12 small||Campari tomatoes (quartered)|
|230 gm||Pasta, Fettuccine, dry|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (peeled)|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|4 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)|
|1/4 cup||Pine nuts, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
1. Preheat oven to 300 ºF.
2. Wash and quarter the tomatoes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil, just enough to make the tomatoes glisten. Bake for 1 hour in the oven.
2. Ten minutes before tomatoes are finished, fill a large pot with water and a sprinkle of salt. Bring to a rapid boil. Add the dry fettuccine to the water and cook until al dente.
Al dente - cooking pasta to be firm to the bite
3. While the pasta is boiling, add 2 tbsp olive oil, avocado, garlic, salt and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
4. Strain the pasta, and combine with the sauce in a large bowl, until all the pasta has been covered.
5. Add the roasted tomatoes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Add some salt and black pepper to taste.