|15 min||30 min||12|
|2 medium stalk(s)||Celery|
|1 medium||White onion|
|1 cup||Parsley, fresh|
|908 gm||Beef, ground, lean (grass fed - organic)|
|1/4 cup||Bread crumbs, plain (use more as necessary - whole grain)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Finely chop the carrot, celery, onion, and parsley (a food processor is easiest). Add these chopped vegetables to a large bowl.
3. Add the meat, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper into the bowl with the vegetables and mix everything together thoroughly.
4. Roll small amounts of the mixture into balls and lay on the baking sheet. Make sure all meatballs are the same size to ensure consistent cooking.
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Cooking times may vary based on oven types, as well as size of meatballs. Ensure your meatballs are completely cooked through.
Allison Martineau has over 10 years experience working in health and nutrition. She has a passion for sharing her nutritional strategies with expectant and new families to make cooking and eating for health during the preconception, pregnancy and postpartum periods simple and convenient. Allison runs a nutrition practice called Sweetpea Nutrition (link www.sweetpeanutrition.com) and lives in Toronto with her husband and two young sons.
This recipe freezes beautifully. These can be added to a sauce and some pasta or work well on their own too.
Serving size dependent on size of meatballs.