Almond Crunch Cocoa Cups
Cacao powder, raw
Agave nectar (syrup)
- Make ready four silicon muffin cup moulds.
- Place a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the coconut oil in the bowl and let it melt.
- Add the cacao powder and agave to the coconut oil. Mix it well with a whisk .
- Divide the chocolate mixture into two separate bowls. Use all the content from only one of the bowls to make the base of the chocolate cups.
- Scoop out the mixture into the bottom of the muffin cups. Evenly distribute the mixture amongst all of the cups.
- Place the muffin cups in the freezer until they set, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Toasting the Almonds:
- Heat a small heavy saucepan on medium high heat. Add sliced almonds and stir often until golden brown.
Once toasted, roughly chop almond slices using a knife.
For the Filling:
- Remove the muffin cups from the freezer.
- Place 1/2 tbsp of chopped almonds in the centre of each of the chocolate bases.
- Using the second chocolate mixture, add the mixture over the almonds in each muffin cup. Distribute the mixture evenly amongst each base.
- Place the muffin cups back into the freezer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat
are a great source of vitamin E!
Meal Garden, 326 1/2 Bloor Street West, Unit 4, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1W5, Canada