|10 min||15 min||12|
|1 cup whole||Almonds, raw|
|1/2 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Cardamom, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Himalayan sea salt|
|7 date pitted||Medjool date|
|1 tbsp||Ghee (or coconut oil)|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1 whole orange(s)||Orange peel (zest) (optional, or use 1 tbsp rose petal jam)|
1. Add almonds, ginger, cardamom, and salt to a food processor and process until well ground. Don’t process so much that it turns to a flour or a paste, but enough that it has a finely ground consistency. Remove contents to a bowl and set aside.
2. Add dates, ghee, honey, turmeric and orange rind to the food processor and pulse until dates break up. Then process steadily until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Add back to the processor all but about 1/8 cup of the almond mixture and pulse and process until nicely combined.
4. Roll walnut-sized pieces of the mixture into smooth balls. Then roll the balls in the reserved almond mixture.
5. Store in the refrigerator util ready to serve.