|15 min||1 h||16|
|14 date pitted||Medjool date (soaked in warm water for 1o minutes and drained)|
|1/2 cup||Almond butter|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder, unsweetened|
|1/4 cup whole||Almonds, raw|
|1/2 cup||Coconut flakes, unsweetened|
|1 tbsp||Chia seeds|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
1. Remove pits from 14 medjool dates. Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes, then rinse and drain.
2. Add the soaked dates, almond butter, cocoa powder, almonds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, vanilla extract and salt to a food processor .
3. Process until all the ingredients are blended and a thick dough forms. If the dough is not sticking together or is crumbly add 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Place dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This is to help it firm up to and make it easier to roll the energy balls.
5. Roll dough into balls and refrigerator overnight.
are loaded with antioxidants and are high in "healthy" fats, protein and fiber