|10 min||15 min||4|
|227 gm||Pasta, Capellini, whole wheat, dry|
|4 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped)|
|2 medium shallot(s)||Shallots (diced)|
|2 medium||Zucchini (julienned)|
|3 medium||Tomato (diced)|
|1 dash||Crushed red pepper (to taste)|
|1/4 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, heat pan on medium-high heat, add oil when pan is hot.
3. Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute about 1 minute.
4. Add julienned zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes, add tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, chicken broth and adjust salt and pepper. Stir for another minute. Remove from heat.
5. Drain pasta and reserve some of the water. Toss the pasta well with zucchini.
6. Add pasta water if needed and serve with grated Parmesan (optional) and chopped parsley.