|10 min||25 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 medium||White onion (sliced)|
|1 stalk(s)||Fennel (stalks removed, cored and sliced)|
|2 medium||Green Apple (peeled and chopped)|
|2 cup||Butternut squash (chopped into cubes)|
|1 piece, 2-inch||Ginger root (peeled and minced)|
|1 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|4 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium (or vegetable broth)|
1. In a stockpot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften. Add the fennel and apples and cook until slightly softened.
2. Add the squash, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Add the broth, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Cook until the vegetables are tender
(the longer the simmering time, the more flavourful the soup).
5. Transfer the soup to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and, working in batches if necessary, purée until smooth
(be careful blending hot liquids).
6. Return to the pot, season with salt and pepper and heat through.