|10 min||40 min||45|
|4 cup||Arugula (stems removed, for the pesto)|
|3/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil (for the pesto)|
|1/4 cup||Pine nuts, dried (for the pesto)|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese, shredded (for the pesto)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon peel (zest) (for the pesto)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (for the pesto)|
|10 large egg||Egg white|
|1 pinch||Salt (to taste)|
|10 cup whole||Almonds, raw|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To make the pesto:
3. In a medium bowl, mix together almonds and pesto-egg white mixture until almonds are covered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to the baking sheet, leaving any excess liquid behind in the bowl.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until pesto has dried and almonds are crunchy, moving the almonds around halfway through.
5. Let cool and salt to taste. Store these in an air-tight container to keep fresh and pop a handful for a satisfying snack.
6. To prepare a smaller batch, use 1/4 of the pesto portion combine with 2 cups of almonds and 2 egg whites