|10 min||20 min||4|
|454 gm||Asparagus (trimmed)|
|2 medium leek(s)||Leek (or 4 large shallots)|
|1 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|2 cup||Water (or stock)|
|1 tsp||Dill, dried|
|1/4 tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
1. Slice off the tips of the asparagus and reserve them.
2. Cut the remaining stalks into 1” pieces.
3. Slice the leeks in half length wise and wash under cold water to remove any sand.
4. Slice into ¼” pieces.
5. Sauté the leeks in the oil over medium heat until soft.
6. Add the garlic and sliced asparagus stalks.
7. Cook, stirring, another minute or two. Add the water or stock and dill. Simmer 10-12 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Puree half the volume at a time.
9. Return to pan, add the reserved asparagus tips and simmer 3-5 minutes or until tips are just barely tender.
10. Add nutmeg. If soup is too thick, thin with additional water or stock.
is a great source of fiber and vitamins A, C and E which are antioxidants great for immunity