|30 min||0 min||4|
|4 leaf||Basil, fresh (finely chopped, for aioli)|
|1 large egg||Egg yolk (for aioli)|
|1/2 cup||Extra virgin olive oil (for aioli)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped, for aioli)|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Lemon juice (for aioli)|
|1 tsp||Lemon peel (zest) (for aioli)|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (to taste, for aioli)|
|4 cup||Kale (stemmed, shredded)|
|3 small||Radish (thinly sliced)|
|1 small shallot(s)||Shallots (peeled, thinly sliced)|
|1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan cheese, shredded|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|4 bun||Sandwich bun (toasted)|
1. Toss the shredded kale with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Squeeze everything together with your hands several times to start to gently soften the kale's toughness. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, toss the sliced shallot with the remaining lemon juice and set aside. Let both the kale and the shallot marinate for at least 30 minutes. Then, toss them together along with the sliced radishes, cheese, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. For each sandwich, spread a toasted roll generously with lemon-basil aioli on one half.
4. Smash half of an avocado on the other half and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
5. Pile on some kale salad, close the sandwich and eat. Simple!
(you can also just stir the lemon juice, zest, garlic, and basil into about 2/3 cup of store bought mayonnaise and it will be really good).
is packed with antioxidants and iron, it also contains fiber which helps to promote healthy digestion!
are an excellent source of monounsaturated fatty acids which are SO important for heart health!