|5 min||5 min||1|
|1 large egg||Egg|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|1/2 cup||Baby spinach|
|1/4 tsp||Sriracha (to taste)|
|1/2 medium pita||Pita bread, whole-wheat|
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat on your stovetop.
2. Once warm, add the olive oil to the pan and wait 30 seconds, allowing it to heat up. Crack the egg in the warm oil and cook until desired consistency (over easy, sunny side up, over hard, scrambled etc.), season with salt and pepper.
4. While the egg is cooking, slice the avocado and place the avocado slices inside the pita and smash them over the surface of one side of the pita with the back of a spoon or a knife.
5. Stuff the spinach into the pita and any other ingredients you would like to add.
6. Just before the egg is finished cooking drizzle with hot sauce, or top with salsa. Once the egg is cooked add it into the pita.
7. Either serve the pita immediately or grill the pita in the skillet on both sides to make it crispier.
For quick assembly, scramble eggs in a large batch the night before and pre-prep all of your pita ingredients. This allows you to quickly assemble the meal in less than 5 minutes.
Serve with a side salad or chopped veggies.