|10 min||15 min||2|
|1 small head||Cauliflower (or 1/2 medium)|
|3 medium egg||Egg|
|1/4 tsp||Kosher salt|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (peeled, pitted)|
|1 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/8 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
1. Wash and chop the entire cauliflower into quarters.
2. Using a box grater, on the large-holed side, grate each cauliflower quarter over a large bowl. Crack 1 egg into the bowl with cauliflower. Add 1/8 salt, and mix well. Set aside.
3. Cut, pit and peel avocado. See notes.
4. Chop the avocado into small pieces. Add to a small bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until smooth, with some chunks left for texture. Add lemon juice and season with remaining 1/8 salt. Set aside.
5. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil and swirl it in the skillet. Make sure the oil doesn't smoke.
6. Add two heaping tablespoons of cauliflower mixture on top of each other in the skillet. Shape it into a patty or toast. Repeat to make a second patty. Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes, then carefully flip. Cook for 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate.
7. In same skillet, crack the remaining two eggs into the skillet. Fry them until desired doneness. Remove from skillet.
8. To prepare the avocado cauliflower toast, spread the avocado mash on top of cauliflower patties. Top each with a fried egg. Sprinkle with red chili flakes.
To remove the avocado skin
Cut into the avocado lengthwise until you hit the pit. Rotate the knife around the entire pit until you have two halves. Carefully hit the pit with the knife until it punctures it. Turn the knife to pop out the pit. Push a spoon between the avocado and the skin and carve the avocado out of its skin. Discard the skin.
High in vitamin C, K, fiber and antioxidants. Makes a great carb and grain replacement.
Loaded with potassium and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats as well as fiber, folate and vitamin C. Avocados help in the absorption of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.