|15 min||10 min||6|
|1 cup||Vegetable oil (for frying - this will depend on the pan you use - you want to fill the pan with 3-4 inches of oil)|
|1 1/3 cup||Bread crumbs, plain|
|1 tsp||Lemon pepper|
|2 large egg||Egg (beaten)|
|5 tbsp||Mayonnaise (dipping sauce)|
|3 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (dipping sauce - chopped)|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice (dipping sauce)|
1. Heat the vegetable oil to 335 degrees Fahrenheit in a large frying pan, adding enough oil so that the oil is about 3 to four inches deep.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, lemon pepper, salt and cumin. Set it aside.
3. Cut the avocados in half and then slice them vertically into 4 inch by 1 inch wedges. Set them aside.
4. Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture again.
5. Place them in the hot oil and fry them for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Remove them with a slotted spoon or tongs, and set them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a serving tray and serve them immediately with the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce.
7. For the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce, place the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy in texture.