|10 min||15 min||6|
|1/4 cup||Coconut flour|
|1/2 tsp||Baking soda|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|1/2 cup||Coconut milk|
|1/2 avocado(s)||Avocado (mashed)|
|3 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (thinly sliced)|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil (for the pan)|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (minced - sauce)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice (minced - sauce)|
|3 tbsp||Coconut oil (sauce)|
|1/2 avocado(s)||Avocado (garnish - optional)|
1. In a small bowl, sift coconut flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, and add milk, sliced green onions and mashed avocado until thoroughly combined.
3. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt enough coconut oil to coat the bottom of pan.
5. For each pancake, spoon about ¼ cup batter into pan and cook until bubbles begin to appear on the top and bottom is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Flip pancake and cook until second side is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Continue with remaining batter, adding more butter to skillet as needed.
Lemon Parsley Sauce.
1. Melt the coconut oil and stir in lemon juice and parsley. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve pancakes with sliced avocado, spring greens, lemon slices and a drizzle of Lemon Coconut Parsley Sauce. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and minced parsley.
Coconut oil was substituted for butter from the original recipe.
are high in monounsaturated fatty acids which are beneficial for heart health