|10 min||1 h||3|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 large||Red onion (chopped)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 1/2 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|1 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Cayenne pepper|
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice your eggplant (do not peel) and lay slices on a sheet tray lined with tin foil. Press paper towels on top of your eggplant slices and let sit for 20 minutes. When done, remove paper towels and dice eggplant. Spray foil with cooking spray and place eggplant back on. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and roast for 25 minutes, tossing occasionally.
3. While eggplant is roasting, roast red pepper on a burner’s open flame (or just chop and roast with eggplant) until black. Let cool then gently rub off blackened pepper skin and chop up.
4. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat then add the chopped red onion. Sauté for five minutes until soft then add the garlic. Sauté for 30 more seconds.
5. Add the stock, roasted diced eggplant and red bell pepper. Stir in the spices and tahini. Bring to a simmer then carefully transfer soup to blender. Process until smooth.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and finish with a squeeze of lemon.
is a good source of fiber, potassium and vitamin C!