|10 min||20 min||4|
|454 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into strips)|
|1 medium egg||Egg|
|1/2 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|1/4 cup||Coconut, shredded, unsweetened (or another cup almond meal)|
|1/2 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place almond meal, coconut, paprika, cayenne, garlic, sea salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Crack egg into another shallow bowl and whisk.
3. One by one, dredge each chicken tender in the egg bowl, wiping off any excess and then dip each into the almond meal mixture. Roll until each tender is covered completely.
4. Place the coated tenders on a baking pan lined with parchment paper or a wire rack that fits on a baking sheet. The wire rack will make for a crispier texture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350F oven, flipping the tenders once at the 10-minute mark. (the internal temperature of chicken should be at 165F)
6. When done, the chicken tenders will be golden brown and completely cooked through.
7. Remove tenders from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
is an excellent source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!
Use your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy! See Meal Gardens selection of homemade dips!