|15 min||40 min||8|
|3 breast||Chicken breast, skinless|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned|
|1 dash||Cayenne pepper|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 tbsp||Chili powder|
|1/2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 1/2 cup||Salsa, ready-to-serve|
|1 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels|
|1 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese (for garnish)|
|5 green onion (stem)||Green onion (for garnish)|
|2 cup||White rice, parboiled, dry (prepare as per package instructions)|
|1 cup||Sour cream, light (optional)|
|1 sprig||Cilantro (coriander) (for garnish)|
1. Preheat oven at 435 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a glass casserole dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
2. Combine the chicken, spices, water, salsa corn and beans in the casserole dish and bake for 30-40 minute or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
3. While the chicken is baking, cook the rice as instructed on the package (usually it takes 2 cups of water for every cup of rice).
4. After the chicken is cooked through, remove the breasts from casserole dish onto a cutting board and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to casserole dish and mix with the other baked ingredients.
5. Serve by spooning cooked rice into a bowl and topping with chicken mixture. Garnish with shredded cheese, a small scoop of sour cream (optional), green onions and cilantro.
is a great source of lean protein and aids in muscle growth and repair
are a great source of protein and are high in fiber