|10 min||20 min||2|
|4 small egg||Egg (pastured)|
|1 pinch||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|2 stalk(s)||Chives (chopped - or parsley)|
1. Heat oven to 425 F. Slice avocados lengthwise. Scoop a little flesh out if your eggs are kind of big.
2. Plunk avocados in a baking dish where they will fit upright together. OR place individual halves into their own ramekin.
3. Sprinkle a little salt on the avocado flesh. Crack an egg into each half.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Eggs are done when the egg white is set. But try to not overcook the yolk.
5. Season with a bit more salt, black pepper, chives and optional hot sauce. Or get creative and add other things.
You may make this because the dish is super cool or quite pretty…but it is ALSO yummy and nutritious and fibre-rich and super easy… there are a lot of reasons to try it. Obviously they are a LOT like the Baked Eggs — but a fun way to switch things up.
You could also try this topped with homemade salsa and fresh cilantro — and a touch of lime juice.
Can use hot sauce, on the side, if unsweetened.