|5 min||20 min||2|
|2 medium egg||Egg|
|2 medium mushroom(s)||Portobello mushroom|
|2 dash||Black pepper|
|1 sprig||Parsley, fresh (or thyme)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
1. Clean the portobello mushroom caps with a damp cloth, remove the stem and scrape out the gills so you have a well deep enough for the egg.
2. Rub olive oil on the outside of the mushrooms to help them cook and keep it from sticking to the pan.
3. Arrange the caps on a baking sheet.
4. Place one slice of prosciutto inside the mushroom cap.
5. Crack each egg into a small bowl and then carefully slide it onto a prosciutto-filled mushroom cap.
6. Sprinkle with black pepper and parsley.
7. Carefully place the baking pan into the pre-heated 375°F oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
The amount of time required depends on how thick your mushrooms are and how done you like your eggs.
are a great source of antioxidants!
are an excellent source of protein and contain some important B vitamins!