|10 min||15 min||6|
|3 avocado(s)||Avocado (halved and cores removed)|
|6 tbsp||Yoso Plain Cashew Cream Cheese (I used Guyere cashew cheese, see notes below for more options**)|
|1/4 cup||Button mushrooms (washed, stemmed and chopped)|
|1/4 cup chopped||Orange bell pepper (rinse well)|
|2 tbsp||Red onion (diced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (1-2 cloves, minced or 2 tsp garlic powder/salt)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt, fine|
|1 pinch||Chipotle seasoning, Dean Jacob's (to taste)|
|3 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (rinsed well and chopped fine for garnish)|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|2 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh) (freshly squeezed)|
|1 tsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|6 tbsp||Cashew cheese/guyere|
1. Make sure all ingredients are washed, prepped and ready to go and pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Cut avocados in half lengthwise, remove seed and some extra avocado to make room for ingredients. Take about 1 tsp of cashew cheese and put in the bottom of the avocados and skins. ***Tip*** Set extra avocado scoopings aside in a separate bowl with the seeds to prevent oxidation. You can use the avocado to make a quick guacamole after!
3. Turn on stove to med high heat. Add coconut oil and toss in garlic, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Chopped spinach also makes a good stuffer but be careful not to make to much stuffing! Add salt, Italian seasonings and chipotle (or any spice you like). Stir until thoroughly sauteed and set aside.
4. If you are using a muffin tray for your avocados fill the unused containers with water to prevent burning, if you do not have a muffin tray, I used a regular glass cake pan and wrapped my avocados loosely with aluminum foil to prevent them from falling over while baking. Arrange avocados on tray and fill with sauteed vegetables, place on middle rack in oven.
5. Let avocados cook, checking on them regularly but they should be done by 8-12 min (if you want the cashew cheese melted, remove avocados and add the remaining cheese as dollops on each avocado and return to oven for 2-3 min).
6. Remove cooked avocados and add remaining ingredients (cashew cheese, cilantro, pepper (optional) and squirt with fresh lime juice before serviing.
This was inspired by a stuffed avocado recipe I saw with egg. I will include a vEGGan version too.
are a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids which are SO important for heart health!