|10 min||30 min||8|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cup||Brussels sprouts (trimmed, halved)|
|1 cup||Red grape|
|8 medium||Fig, raw (halved)|
|6 sprig||Thyme, fresh|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 cup||Pecans (chopped)|
1. Preheat oven to 400oF (220oC).
2. Toss the Brussels sprouts, grapes and figs with the olive oil and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
3. Roast for about 30-35 minutes, turning the Brussels sprouts at least once to evenly roast.
4. Once the Brussels sprouts are caramelized, and the grapes and figs are slightly shriveled, remove from the oven, and coat with the aged balsamic vinegar.
5. Top with pecans and serve warm.
To make AIP friendly, omit pepper and pecans
Brussels Sprouts - rich in antioxidants and high in fiber and vitamin K, and may help to maintain healthy blood sugar levels