|5 min||4 min||1|
|1 medium||Banana (s) (mashed)|
|1 medium egg||Egg (room temperature)|
|2 tsp||Chia seeds, ground|
|2 tsp||Coconut oil (room temperature)|
1. Heat a frying pan over low to medium heat.
2. Mash the banana in a mixing bowl, then add the egg and whisk the two ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
3. Add the chia seeds and 1 tsp of coconut oil to your banana and egg mixture and whisk until everything is incorporated.
4. Add remaining coconut oil to your warm pan, then using a large spoon or a tablespoon measuring tool, spoon a small amount of the batter onto the pan into small-sized pancakes.
5. Cook pancakes for 2 minutes, until browned, and then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all of the batter is cooked.
6. Serve with berries and a touch of maple syrup.
Double or triple the recipe to make larger batches of pancakes. You can also substitute flax seeds for chia seeds, and add a scoop of protein powder for extra protein.
A tiny seed that contains Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as plenty of fiber. It absorbs liquid making it a great binding ingredient.