|5 min||5 min||1|
|1/2 medium||Banana (s) (very ripe)|
|3/4 cup||Almond milk, unsweetened|
|1/4 cup||Water, filtered|
|1 tbsp||Coconut sugar (optional)|
|1/4 cup||Quick oats|
|1/4 cup||Quinoa flakes|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|2 tbsp||Walnuts (toasted & chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)|
1. Place half the banana in a medium saucepan and use a wooden spoon to roughly mash it.
2. Add the almond milk, water, pinch of salt, coconut sugar, and ground cinnamon to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3. When the mixture reaches temperature, stir in the oats and quinoa flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes (cook longer if you like a thicker oatmeal), stirring often.
4. Stir in the vanilla extract and transfer to a bowl.
5. Slice the remaining banana half and arrange on top of the oatmeal.
6. Garnish with toasted nuts and seeds.