|10 min||20 min||24|
|500 gm||Sprouted Wheat Flour (2 cups)|
|1 1/2 cup||Wheat bran, dry|
|1 1/2 cup||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1/4 cup||Wheat germ, crude|
|1 tbsp||Baking powder|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|62 gm||Cinnamon (about 1/4 cup)|
|1/2 cup||Dark chocolate chips|
|3 cup slices||Frozen banana (mashed and thawed, include their juices)|
|1/4 cup||Coconut oil (melted)|
|1 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease 2 muffin tins with coconut oil or use paper cup liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, wheat bran, ground flaxseed, germ, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and chocolate chips and stir until combined, adding the chocolate chips last.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together all the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. If using fresh,
overripe bananas, you may have to add more water, about another 1/4 cup to replace the liquid from thawed, frozen bananas.
4. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins and divide evenly into 24 cups!
6. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes, then gently release them from the muffin trays.
They are great on their own or spread 1 tbsp of a nut or seed butter on top!
Muffins can be stored in an airtight glass container on the counter or in the pantry for up to 3 days, and in the fridge for up to a week.
Freeze a dozen muffins and thaw on the counter overnight or warm in the microwave to eat right away!