|5 min||35 min||4|
|2 medium potato(es)||Sweet potato (halved)|
|3 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (shredded)|
|1/4 cup||Barbecue sauce (Primal Palate)|
|2 tsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|2 tbsp||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)|
1. Cut your sweet potato. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and prepare 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper and add the water to another small baking tray.
2. Lay the sweet potatoes, cut side up on the large baking sheet.
3. Add the sweet potato to the heated oven and roast until tender, about 35 minutes depending on the size of your potato. If it's a large potato, you may need to add it back to the oven for another 10 minutes.
3. Place chicken breasts on your small baking tray with water and then add them to the oven with the sweet potato and bake for 25-35 minutes. Remove from oven once they're cooked and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
4. Once the chicken has cooled down a little bit, cut the chicken into small pieces (or shred it with your fork) and heat a small to medium saucepan over low- medium heat.
5. Add the BBQ sauce and cut up chicken to a saucepan and heat until it's warmed (about 5-10 minutes).
6. Remove the sweet potato from the oven once it's ready and let cool for about 5 minutes. Once cooled, top each potato with half of the chicken and BBQ mixture. Spoon additional BBQ sauce over the potatoes, and sprinkle with chopped parsley or sliced green onions, if desired. Enjoy!
Large batch cook this recipe and add to the freezer for quick leftovers. Just remove and heat in the oven until warmed up.
This recipe is a great option for anyone who cannot eat grains or is looking to replace bread or buns with something that's lower-carb and contains complex carbs.