|45 min||40 min||8|
|2 cup||Black beans, canned (drained and rinsed)|
|1 1/2 cup||Beets, raw (grated)|
|1 1/2 cup grated||Carrots|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/2 small||Red onion (finely chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 tsp||Cayenne pepper (a pinch)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 cup||Rolled oats, dry|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for sauteeing - can use coconut oil)|
1. Soak the ground flaxseed in 3 tbsp water for 15 minutes.
2. Place grated beets and carrots in the food processor. Using metal blade, add the beans and process 10-15 times until the mixture blends. The beans should have some texture. Transfer to a mixing bowl andadd the remaining ingredients.
3. Using your hands, mix well.
4. Place the mixture in the fridge for a 1⁄2 hour to chill.
5. Remove from fridge and form into burgers.
6. Heat a thin layer of oil in a pan over medium heat.
7. Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side.
8. Preheat oven to 400*F.
9. Place burgers on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and cook for 30 minutes until heated through, flipping after 15 minutes to make sure they are crispy on both sides.
10. Top with avocado slices, lettuce or your favourite burger toppings.
are a great source of plant-based protein and are very high in fiber and other important nutrients
are high in fiber, folate and vitamin C and contain nitrates and pigments that help to lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance