|5 min||1 h||12|
|4 beet(s)||Beets, raw (peels on, scrubbed to remove any dirt)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|1/4 cup||Lemon juice|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (coarsely chopped)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Rub the whole beets with olive oil and salt. Put them on a baking pan and roast for approximately 1 hour, until the beets are easily pierced through with a fork. Let cool slightly.
3. When the beets are cool enough to handle, rub the skins off with a clean dishcloth (be forewarned—the beets will stain it) or use a vegetable peeler.
4. Coarsely chop the beets and put in them food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
5. Serve with your favourite chopped veggies or gluten-free flatbread. Refrigerate leftovers, if any, in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Note: 1 serving is 3 tablespoons