|4 h 15 min||0 min||12|
|2 cup||Cashew nuts, raw (soaked 4-6 hours, rinsed, strained, for filling)|
|1 cup||Cashew nuts, raw (soaked for 6 hours, drained, rinsed, chopped, for base)|
|1 cup||Coconut flakes, unsweetened (unsulphered, for base)|
|1 1/2 cup pitted||Dates (for base)|
|1 cup||Coconut oil (raw, cold pressed, for filling)|
|2 mango||Mango (peeled, pitted, chopped, for filling)|
|1/2 cup||Maple syrup, pure (or other liquid sweetener, for filling)|
|1/2 cup||Lemon juice (or lime juice, for filling)|
|2 tbsp||Vanilla extract, pure (for filling)|
|1/2 cup||Mango (sliced, for topping)|
|2 tbsp||Maple syrup, pure (drizzled, for topping)|
|6 leaf||Mint, fresh (for topping)|
|1/2 cup halves||Strawberries (for topping)|
1. Cover the base of 9 inch spring form pan/pie dish with plastic wrap. Or use a silicon pan, unwrapped.
2. Pulse the base ingredients together in a food processor until evenly combined. For a chunky base leave as is, for a smoother more uniformed texture, process until a ball forms.
3. If using a spring form pan lock the top in place. Press down base into your prepared pan, evenly.
4. In a high speed blender combine all filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more sweetener as desired.
5. Pour mixture over the nut base. Whack the pan on the counter a few times until the mixture is evenly spread.
6. Place cake in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight before removing from the pan.
7. Leave in the fridge for at least an hour before slicing and serving.
8. Decorate with slices of mango, and/or other fruit, drizzle with maple syrup and a mint leaf or flower.
9. Freeze leftovers without topping for up to 2 months or keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.