|15 min||25 min||6|
|1/2 cup||Rolled oats, dry (old fashioned style oats)|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (rinsed, drained and patted dry)|
|1/2 cup||Red onion (diced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Chili powder|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseeds (mixed with 3 tbsp warm water)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||Red onion (diced)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Jalapeno pepper (diced, seeds discarded)|
|2 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (pitted and cut into 1/4 inch chunks)|
|1 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (minced)|
|3 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh) (fresh)|
|1/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk together the flax seeds with the water and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
3. Add the oats to a food processor and process until an almost flour-like consistency is achieved (it’s okay if there are still some whole oats) Add 1/2 of the black beans, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and sea salt. Process until well combined but not overly mixed. Remove from the food processor and stir in the remaining black beans and flax mixture OR egg.
4. Using your hands form the mixture into uniform patties-you should get about 6 patties. Lightly brush each side of the patty with a little olive oil (be careful because the patties are fragile before baking) Place patties on a prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes-or until lightly browned.
5. Carefully flip patties halfway through cooking.
Prepare the salsa by combining the red onion, jalapeño pepper, avocado, corn and cilantro in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, olive oil, cumin and sea salt. Pour dressing over the salsa.
6. Serve salsa with the fritters and enjoy!