|15 min||15 min||30 min||4|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (ripe, diced)|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned|
|2 tsp||Canola oil|
|4 medium tortilla(s)||Wheat flour tortilla|
|1/2 cup shredded||Monterey jack cheese (preferably pepper Jack)|
|1/2 cup||Salsa, ready-to-serve (divided)|
1. Combine beans, cheese and 1/4 cup salsa in a medium bowl.
2. Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 cup filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total.
4. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
5. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas.
6. Serve the quesadillas with avocado and the remaining salsa.
are a great source of plant-based protein and are high in fiber which is great for your digestive system!