|10 min||1 h 25 min||2|
|2 medium potato||Sweet potato|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|1 cup||Sweet corn, canned, drained (or frozen)|
|1/2 small||Yellow onion (diced)|
|1/2 cup chopped||Red bell pepper|
|1 cup||Swiss chard (chopped)|
|2 tsp||Jalapeno pepper (finely diced)|
|1/2 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 dash||Turmeric, ground|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1/2 tsp||Hot sauce (to taste)|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (for dressing)|
|1/4 cup||Lime juice (fresh) (for dressing)|
|1 pinch||Salt (to taste, for dressing)|
|1 dash||Hot sauce (to taste, for dressing)|
|1/4 cup||Water (for dressing)|
|1/2 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped, for garnish)|
|1 fruit||Lime (cut into wedges for serving)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Poke 3-4 holes in each sweet potato and roast for about 1 hour, or until fork tender.
3. While the sweet potatoes are roasting prep all the remaining ingredients and add in a large bowl excluding the dressing and ingredients for serving. Drain and rinse beans and corn, dice onions, chop bell peppers and Swiss chard, finely dice jalapenos. Add all spices (chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper and hot sauce) to bowl with veggies and mix.
4. Prep avocado dressing by combining avocado, lime juice, salt, hot sauce and water in a blender or food processor and blending until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more lime juice or salt if needed. If you want to thin out the dip add a bit of water or lime juice. Set aside.
5. When the sweet potatoes are ready, slice in half (make sure to handle them carefully as they will be hot). Scoop out the flesh and place into the bowl with all the other veggies. Stir to mix until well combined.
6. Place skins back onto a parchment lined baking sheet and return to oven. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the skins become crispy.
7. Remove skins from oven and fill each skin with the veggie mixture (you may have extra filling).
8. Place back in the oven and bake again for 20-25 minutes, or until filling is heated through and tops are starting to get crispy.
9. Drizzle avocado dressing all over baked sweet potatoes. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with a lime wedge.
are a great source of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids which are so important for heart health!
A rich source of fibre as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they're a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.