|10 min||20 min||4|
|4 cup||Sweet potato (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/2 onion(s)||Sweet onion (finely diced)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt (or to taste)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper (or to taste)|
|2 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drain liquid & rinse)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)|
|8 medium tortilla(s)||Tortilla, corn (use organic corn and check the label to make sure there is no wheat, just corn)|
1. In a large skillet place olive oil, onions, and sweet potatoes.
2. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. You may need to add a bit of water to help them cook.
4. Add black beans (drain liquid into sink & rinse), garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Continue cooking over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
6. When done, heat the soft corn tortillas in a toaster or skillet on a low heat setting, so they stay soft (soft is easier to digest).
7. For serving:
This recipe was modified for you by Paula Yolles a Body-Mind-Food Wellness Coach and the founder of FoodTastic Health