|10 min||40 min||6|
|1/2 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|1 small||Yellow onion|
|1 medium stalk(s)||Celery|
|2 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|1 1/2 cup||Rolled oats, dry|
|2 medium egg||Egg (beaten)|
|1 tsp, ground||Basil, dried|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 dash||Cayenne pepper (for glaze)|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (chopped, for glaze)|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar (for glaze)|
|1 tbsp||Maple syrup (for glaze)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for sauteing - or coconut oil)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Using a food processor chop all veggies; peppers, carrot, celery, onion, garlic and kale until finely minced.
3. In a large sauté pan, add oil and cook the veggies for about 5 or 6 minutes, or until soft. Set aside.
4. Process drained and rinsed black beans in the a food processor until the beans are broken down but not mushy. I like to keep back about 1/2 cup of the beans to add after to give the loaf extra texture.
5. In a large bowl combine the black beans, oats, egg and all the seasoning. Add in the sautéed veggies and mix well using hands.
6. Put mixture into a well oiled or parchment lined loaf pan.
7. Place the cut cherry tomatoes, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and mix.
8. Spoon on top of the prepared loaf.
9. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest before cutting.
Serve and enjoy!
are a great source of protein and fiber which helps to promote healthy digestion!
are a great source of vitamin C!