|10 min||10 min||4|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 tsp||Onion powder|
|1 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 dash||Cayenne pepper|
|4 fillet||Catfish (bullhead) (boneless)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)|
|1 cup||Creole sauce|
1. In a small bowl, mix together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Season catfish fillets liberally with seasoning all over.
2. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate.
3. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
4. Brush fillets lightly with oil all over. Place catfish in grill and cook until blackened and fish flakes when to a fork, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Transfer fish to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Top with Creole sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
Serve with a side of asparagus or green beans,
lightly sautéed on a skillet at medium-high heat,
seasoned with salt and pepper to taste