|10 min||20 min||30 min||12|
|4 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 cup||Barley, dry|
|4 cup||Blueberries (or frozen)|
|1/4 cup||Canola oil (or olive oil)|
|2 medium egg||Egg|
|2 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1/2 cup||Granulated sugar (try using organic cane sugar)|
|1 cup||Partly skimmed milk, 2% M.F. (or almond milk)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tray, or line the cups with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine barley flour, sugar, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and blueberries.
4. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in milk and oil and pour into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
5. Spoon batter into each muffin cup until almost full.
6. Bake for 18 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched in the centre.