|10 min||10 min||14|
|1/4 tsp||Baking soda|
|1/2 cup||Buckwheat flour|
|1/4 cup||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1/2 cup||Rice flour, brown|
|2 tsp||Baking powder, gluten-free|
|1 medium||Banana (sliced, for topping, optional)|
|1/4 cup||Applesauce, unsweetened|
|1/2 tsp||Coconut oil|
|2 medium egg||Egg (beaten)|
|2 tbsp||Maple syrup|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 1/2 cup||Water|
1. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients, except for the blueberries.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry and mix together. Gently fold in blueberries.
4. Heat a lightly greased large cast iron or non-stick pan at a medium heat.
5. Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour pancake batter into the pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you can fit 2-4 pancakes at a time.
6. When bubbles form throughout the pancake, and the edges are slightly dry, flip the pancake over to brown the other side (approximately 2-3 minutes per side).
7. Serve with sliced banana, maple syrup and enjoy!
For additional nutrients
serve with more fresh berries
add a 1:1 ratio of flax oil to maple syrup for omega 3 fatty acids which may contribute to decreasing inflammation
For additional protein
serve with a glass of almond milk and a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder
add 1 tbsp of chia seeds or hemp seeds to the pancake batter
is known to improve heart health, reduce blood sugar and is gluten-free, also rich in fiber
are high in vitamin C the antioxidant that helps to protect cells from free radical damage