|10 min||5 min||15 min||2|
|2 tbsp||Peanut oil (for dressing)|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce (for dressing)|
|2 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh) (for dressing)|
|1 1/4 tsp||Ginger, ground (for dressing)|
|1 1/4 tsp||Lemon peel (zest) (grated, for dressing)|
|1/2 tsp packed||Brown sugar (for dressing)|
|2 pepper(s)||Red chili pepper (also chile or chilli) (to taste, for dressing)|
|1/2 head(s)||Bok choy|
|2 medium||Carrots (sliced)|
|200 gm||Tofu, silken, firm ((smoked variety, if available))|
|3 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp|
|1 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (finely chopped fresh leaves, for garnish)|
|3 tbsp||Peanuts (roasted)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (to taste)|
1.. Cut bok choy into thin strips.
2. Score five narrow grooves lengthwise along each carrot. Slice carrots into thin rounds to create flower–shaped disks.
3. Finely dice white parts of green onions. Cut green parts into thin rings.
4. Distribute bok choy, carrots and spring onions among serving plates.
5. Cut tofu into small cubes.
6. Halve chilies lengthwise and discard seeds. Dice chilies finely.
7. To make dressing: Whisk 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil, all the lime juice, soy sauce, ground ginger, lemon peel, sugar and a little salt in a bowl until combined. Stir in chilies.
8. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
9. Add tofu and fry until golden brown on all sides.
10. Add peanuts and cook briefly, stirring. Add tofu and peanuts at once to salad. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with coriander and Serve.
is an important source of plant-based protein, and is an excellent source of iron and calcium